Hey! Welcome to day two of my totally exciting blog!!! (Remember…truth is black…fake and exciting is in pink!)
A few weeks ago, I ‘attended’ a Gannett (my paper’s parent company) audio chat about Walking and Wellness. I mean ‘attend’ loosely. The audio stream was playing as I was working. Halfway through, they gave a secret phrase, and if you emailed that phrase to them, you’d get a free pedometer. Yeah. I know. Only geeks would do that.
My pedometer came today through inter-company mail, and it’s pretty cool. It’s a lot sturdier than the free one I got with the McDonald’s adult happy meal last year. And tonight I took Max for an 1803 step walk. The pedometer booklet recommends 10,000 steps per day. Geez. While on the walk, I heard somebody choking through their opened dining room window. I dropped the leash, dove through the window (I cannot be stopped by a flimsy screen) and performed the Heimlich maneuver on the 68 year old woman inside. She coughed up her chunk of angel food cake almost immediately. Check the papers tomorrow for the story.
I lifted this quiz from FoodieChickie’s blog, who took it from Dave’s blog. Dave has the same last name as my maiden name. Which is cool only to me.
1. First Name: Kimberly Cassandra
2. Were you named after anyone? Some actress. nope
3. Do you wish on stars? Not anymore No need…my life is too exciting as is!
4. Which finger is your favorite? Pinky. Middle.
5. When did you last cry? I was a little weepy on our anniversary. When I got my sixth piercing. Damn, it hurt!
6. Do you like your handwriting? Absolutely not! It’s a sick cross between cursive and print, and it’s all over the place. Computers have ruined me. I don’t write. Instead, I cut letters out from newspapers and magazines and write letters ransom-note style
8. Any bad habits? Nailbiting. Procrastinating. Kicking off my shoes anywhere in the house and leaving them there. Laying along the yellow line on major highways, just for a rush
9. What is your most embarrassing CD on the shelf? The hipsters may laugh at my collection, but I wouldn’t deny owning any of them. Not even the entire New Kids on the Block Collection. The Spoken Kama Sutra
10. If you were another person, would YOU be friends w/you? Yes, although I’d have to put a bit of effort into it. Kim doesn’t really like to make the first phone call or ask to go out. She’s shy like that. Of course! I’m exciting!!!
11. Are you a daredevil? Moreso as I get older. Absolutely. I wouldn’t have appeared on Fear Factor if I wasn’t.
12. Have you ever told a secret you swore not to tell? Yes, when I was younger. Only that time on the witness stand
13. Do looks matter? Somewhat. Absolutely!
14. How do you release anger? My voice gets shrill and I start to turn red. Punching holes in walls
15. Where is your second home? Walt Disney World Ixtapa
16. Do you trust others easily? Too often. I trust noone.
17. What was your favorite toy as a child? I really enjoyed my Play-doh hair salon. Swiss Army knife
18. What class in school do you think is totally useless? Gym class. Home Ec
19. Do you have a journal? This blog is my longest-ever journal. Yes, it’s leatherbound and on the first of each month, I write my exciting exploits in my own blood. Exciting, no?
20. Do you use sarcasm a lot? Yes. Yes.
21. Have you ever been in a mosh pit? No. Yes, but I prefer crowdsurfing. Why be in the crowd when you can be on top?
22. What do you look for in a guy? Compassion, intelligence, and a killer sense of humor. Lots of scars. Scars tell stories.
24. What are your nicknames? Kimmy. The nickname that will never die, much as I’d like it to. Stingray
25. Would you bungee jump? Maybe. Been there, done that. *yawn*
26. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Never. I’m bad with shoes. See #8. That question is way too boring for a blog as exciting as this!
27. Do you think that you are strong? Mentally? Yes. Physically? No. Hell yeah!
28. What’s your favorite ice cream flavor? Mint chocolate chip. Mint chocolate chip.
29. Shoe Size? 7 1/2 same
30. What are your favorite colors? Navy blue and purple. But not together. Fuschia and black. And that shade of blue my hair was 4 years ago. That was exciting.
31. What is your least favorite thing? Ignorance/stupidity. Boring blogs. 😉
32. How many wisdom teeth do you have? Two. The dentist has been nagging me to get them pulled since I was 19. But they don’t hurt and they’re not causing trouble. I suspect the Dentist wants money/business. None. I pulled them out myself after a night of donig shots.
33. How many people have a crush on you right now? Hopefully one, but I suspect two. I lost count. I’m that exciting!
34. Who do you miss most right now? Summer vacations like I had when I was in school. The rush of the wind in my face as I skydive.
35. Do you want everyone you send this to go ahead and post it on your blog?
Their choice. Yeah. See if they can top these exciting answers!
36. What color pants are you wearing? Navy blue. Not wearing pants.
37. What are you listening to right now? The dog chewing a rawhide bone. The Pixies. Because they’re indie and exciting. Like me.
38. Last thing you ate? Chicken with Garlic Sauce. Eating it now. Sushi.
39. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Sky blue. Magenta.
40. What is the weather like right now? 56 degrees and clear. same.
41. Last person you talked to on the phone? Mom. Bail bondsman. Don’t ask.
42. The first things you notice about the opposite sex? Height. I can’t help it. Scars. I said this already! My life is too exciting to answer things twice!
43. Do you like the person who sent you this? Sure! I think we’d get along pretty well if we were neighbors. Shameless plug: foodiechickie.blogspot.com Sure!
44. How are you today? Still nursing a cold from two weeks ago. Feisty.
45. Favorite drink? Water. Kamakazes
46. Favorite Alcoholic Drink? Sloe gin fizz. There are such things as non-alcoholic drinks? That’s not exciting.
48. Your Hair Color? Erm. Currently? Strawberry blondish. Naturally? Dark blonde/light brown Multi.
49. Your Eye Color? Blue. Blue.
50. Do you wear contacts? Ew! Gah! No! I couldn’t stand the thought of something sticking to my eye. I’ll stick with my glasses. Only when I feel like having reptilian shaped pupils flatters me.
51. Siblings? A nonblogging younger brother. A much-less-exciting younger brother.
52. Favorite Month? April. July
53. Favorite Food? (say it with me, kids) Cheesesteak with fried onions and ketchup. Thai.
54. Last movie that you watched? We rented Napoleon Dynamite. Faces of Death III
55. Favorite Day of the Year? Christmas Day. Tomorrow. Isn’t that an exciting answer?
57. Scary Movies or Happy Endings? Definately happy endings. With the exception of Titanic, I don’t see movies that don’t have happy endings. Life’s too short to spend $10+ to cry. Scary movies.
58. Summer or Winter? Summer! Winter!
59. Hugs or Kisses? Sweet soft kisses…the kind where the gentleman gently holds my face in his hands before he moves closer. I prefer more exciting activities.
60. Relationships or One Night Stands? Relationships! Both!
61. Do you want your friends to write back? If they want…see #35. Did I NOT say I don’t like to repeat answers??
64. Living Arrangements? Me, Thor, dog, cats, a house that we’ll own outright in 29 years and 1 month. A secret lair. Think the batcave, but designed by Michael Graves.
65. What Books are You Reading? I am Charlotte Simmons and The Crystal Cave. Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
66. What’s on your mouse pad? Nothing. I have an optical mouse. Nothing. I have a wireless optical mouse.
67. Favorite Board Game? Scrabble Board games? Bo-ring.
68. What did you watch on TV last night? Erm. Nothing. Monster Garage rerun
69. Favorite Smells? Spring flowers. Napalm in the morning.
70. What’s the first thing you think of when you wake up? “Already???” Who’s he?