Much better than I thought. 2016 was SO awful in SO many ways for SO many people that it’s nice to take a breather. Politically, it’s all burning down, but since ACA wasn’t taken away, I’m a bit hopeful that compassion and common sense will win the day on the rest of the issues.
2. How has this past quarter of your life been surprisingly good?
I’m 44, so the last quarter covers my last 11 years. During that time, I have had:
- a new boyfriend who turned into a fiance into a husband
- a new sister-in-law and new nephew
- a new dog
- a new apartment, a new bigger apartment, and then a new house
- a new car
- a new job, one that allows me to flex my brain muscles every day, and that allows me to travel from time to time
- And a lot of good non-business travel. WDW is my mainstay, but we started the Virginia Beach trips 5 years ago and last year we finally made it to Seattle.
Sure, there have been some really sad parts, but the last 11 have been banging.
3. When did you last drop quarters into a vending machine?
I think I used some vending machines on my last trip to WDW, but I really stay away from vending machines. For my soda fix, I drink the teensy 7.5oz cans of Diet Dr. Pepper.
4. How do you feel about your state’s twenty-five-cent coin? If you’re not in the U.S., which of the coins do you think is especially striking?
Yeesh. I haven’t thought about state quarters in over 11 years. I wonder if all the people who started collecting them actually finished. Here’s NJ’s quarter, which came out in 1999.
The backside of the quarter features George Washington and his men crossing the Delaware River into NJ, ready to lay the smack down on the British/Hessian troops in Trenton. It’s a good choice. I think another viable option would have been Thomas Edison.
5. Google’s corporate headquarters is called the Googleplex. What would be a good name for the corporate headquarters of your life?
We call the house Angry Man Farm. (That looks like a blog post that didn’t make the transition over. Will look into it.) How about the Kimmune or the Kimmand Center? Then again, my imaginary media empire has always been called String Bean Media, so that HQ could be called the Beanery.
YOU GUYS. This weekend is going to be amazing for this specific GenX blogger. Tomorrow I am going to a THING in the morning that I daren’t type about lest I jinx it. I will report back. I am ridiculously nervous, like a teen girl about to meet one of her boy band idols OMG OMG OMG!
Also on the docket for this weekend is our CHEAT MEAL! I’m back on my diet that I suspended last July after losing 34 lbs. I gained back 4 of them, so now I have 20 more to go before I re-evaluate. (I’m also in a Biggest Loser competition at work, and the winner gets $280.) Part of this weight loss success is owed to the twice-monthly cheat meal. To get the most flavorful bang for the calories, we always choose wings and cheese fries.
On top of it all, it’s Wrestlemania weekend! This means NXT Takeover Orlando tomorrow night and Wrestlemania on Sunday. Glad I work from home on Monday!