It was gorgeous here in NJ this weekend. On Saturday the temp went up to the low 70s, and Sunday it was in the high 50s. SPRING HAS SPRUNG! Know that I jinx us all by typing this, because it tends to snow here at the end of March/beginning of April.
In no particular order, this weekend I:
- changed the turn signal lightbulb in the black Jeep – thanks to YouTube for showing me how to do it on a Wrangler. Jeeps and their lightbulbs, let me tell you….
- mounted the birdhouse I received for Christmas
- cleaned the leaves against the fence one side of the house — it’s a chainlink fence and it’s a giant sieve for leaves
- put on the new greenhouse cover because the old one was more packing tape patches than original plastic.
- moved the onions to the greenhouse
- assembled a new raised bed
- trimmed back the giant pots of perennial herbs (thyme, rosemary, sage, mint)
- planted more garlic and some carrots
- bought some more soil for the existing raised beds
UGH I love the beginning of spring so much. I love doing all of that mucky garden work.
And midday Saturday I said ‘eff it,’ picked up Mom, and went to Ocean City (NJ) for a few hours.
Salt water air makes me feel better about everything. And, I had my first slice of Manco & Manco pizza. We’re usually Prep’s pizza people but it was closed (it’s only March) so we checked out Manco & Manco and it was really good. Nice, tangy sauce and perfect crust. Even Mom’s gluten free pizza was fantastic.
We walked the boardwalk for a little bit and came home rejuvenated! This week there’s not much on the calendar except Murphy’s grooming appointment on Tuesday and … and … AND… a trip to the office on Thursday! We’re not officially going back, but I’m itchy to take a trip into the city and I’ll get to have lunch with one of my favorite coworkers.
It was a good weekend. I hope everyone else’s was great too! <3
Good news! If you’re a regular reader but forget to check in, you can subscribe to a once-a-week email with links to that week’s posts! Click here to sign up!