Happy Friday! This is my first Summer Friday of the year!
At TNP we can have every other Friday off during the summer as long as we make up the extra hours in advance. It is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
And after all of that, they gave me a giant “Happy Birthday” dog treat for him. (mind boggle)
I had a cup of coffee outside in the sunshine, mailed a package at the post office, had a slice of pizza and am ready to go back outside with a book.
1. What might you put in a small, pretty glass bottle as a romantic gift to someone?
A tiny love letter, rolled into a scroll.
2. Someone you care very much for is leaving for a long time but will be back. What small object (not a photo) might you give him or her to remember you by?
When WM and I were in our long-distance relationship I sent him Kronk, the bear I sleep with. Kronk stayed with him until he moved back here. I still can’t believe that was 10 years ago.
3. If you were to leave a small mark in your current residence, as lasting evidence that you lived there, what would you leave, and where would you leave it?
I would find one of the studs and woodburn our initials into it. What could possibly go wrong?
4. What would you like to toss into the fires of Mount Doom?
All of The Carpenters’ albums. Maybe the world would be a more cheerful place without all of those dirges in it. I had a post about how much I hate The Carpenters, but it didn’t make it over to the new blog from the old. (I lost about 150 posts in transit. I still have the database so I can manually add them back in, but as time passes …. nah.
You know what? My Carpenters post deserves to live again, so I reposted it here. Sleepy-ass music.
5. Those adopt-a-star things are gimmicky rip-offs, but if they weren’t, and someone gave you one as a gift, what would you name it?
Gimmicky rip-offs? No…(quick google search) Aw, man. Is nothing sacred? I blame The Carpenters. Now that I know it’s a sham, I’d name a star Patrick.
Enjoy the weekend! Play happy music!