In such an … interesting … year it’s easy to give an ol’ middle finger to Thanksgiving Day. Normally by now I’d be getting ready to pop the bird in the oven. But this year the whole game changed. I’m going over to my cousin’s for Thanksgiving. After which I’ll come back to a smaller abode than I had last year. I could fill up BLOGS full of angst. But why? Life moves on anyway, and I can either let it drag me along kicking and screaming and resistant to change or I can attempt to move forward along with it.
So this year…
- I am thankful for those who love me.
- I am thankful for friendships, old, new, and altered.
- I am thankful for my health.
- I am thankful for my financial security.
- I am thankful that (once again) I’m in a job that I enjoy doing, with a company I like.
- I am thankful that I live in this country, one of the best countries in the world for a woman to live in. (Read up on what’s happening in Sudan and Chad lately??)
(Geez…don’t you wish you could go back to last year and tell me what was coming? I do.)
And my favorite Dear Abby ever.
Tomorrow: Black Friday moblogging, as the Village Idiots hit the stores before sunrise.