Hanging onto blogging (and sanity) by my very fingertips, here I am again!
- They say you can’t teach an old dog new tricks. How have you proven them right or wrong?
I suppose as dogs go, I’m getting up there and I’m pretty adept at learning any new thing that comes along. Except blockchain/crypto which I’m not fully convinced is real anyway.
- They say you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him or her drink. How has this proven true or false in your life?
I own a Total Gym, a stationery cycle, a fitbit, an apple watch, a smoothie maker, various dumbbells, sneakers, and sports bras. I am staring at the water and I am still not drinking.
- They say absence makes the heart grow fonder. How have they been proven right or wrong in your life?
WM and I spent 16 months working side by side every day and I think we grew closer because of it.
- They say looks can be deceiving. How have you proven them right or wrong?
(laughs) I am much less confident than I appear to be. I can get in front of a group of people and talk about a subject and be lively and engaging and at the same time have a shaking stomach and a half-second away from wetting my pants in terror the entire time.
- They say opposites attract. How have you proven them right or wrong?
This is such a non-answer, but I think any partnership needs partners who have similar values, but enough different interests to keep new content (for lack of a better word) coming into the partnership. WM and I have a similar sense of humor, but find it in different worlds/fandoms/etc. So I can show him (for example) funny video game videos and he can show me funny Star Wars tweets. If we had the exact same interests we would have less to share. In my opinion.
It’s a cruel world and I feel like I’m not qualified to write anything about what’s going on. I do know that cruelty toward trans kids and literal WAR go against my personal credo that everyone should be safe, loved, and warm. I continue to be an insignificant gadfly with my postcards and phone calls but what can one even do when Russia decides to invade? Are we back to thoughts and prayers? No idea….
Good news! If you’re a regular reader but forget to check in, you can subscribe to a once-a-week email with links to that week’s posts! Click here to sign up!