Some things about Murphy that I want to remember:
- He has a very loud bark but is not brave.
- He has little to no object permanence. If I put his toys in a basket, it’s like I tossed them into a black hole. He will NOT pull the toys out unless highly encouraged to do so.
- Yet, he can and will sniff out dollar bills from inside my purse.
- He ADORES my mother. When she visits he goes out of his mind with glee and when she leaves he cries at the door.
- Like me, he is not a fan of winter. A snowy yard slows down his zooms; an earlier sunset means less time outside because…
- He does not like the dark. He won’t follow us into the garage unless we turn the light on. He won’t go in the backyard without floodlights.
- He loves goldfish crackers. That’s my fault.
- He would really like me to stop typing this at my desk and go to the living room to snuggle with him.
Need some more email in your life? If you’re a regular reader but forget to check in, you can subscribe to a once-a-week email with links to the week’s posts! Click here to sign up!