Hoo boy what a week. It wasn’t bad, just seemed long. And I’m grumpy because the ceiling upholstery in my car (called a headliner) is drooping and touching my head when I drive. I’m either going to have to staple it back up (no) or pay a few hundred to have someone else do it (no) or pull the ceiling of the Jeep out and use spray adhesive to put new fabric up. (weep)! Youtube has videos but like I said, (weep).
So I’m hopping right to the Friday 5. This week’s theme is “Nine times? Nine times.” which even I, the non-movie-person, know is from Ferris Bueller’s Day off.
1. If you were to play hooky on your next regular work day with no negative consequences, and if you could only spend the day by yourself, what out-of-the-house fun activities would you pursue?
I’d probably go to the beach, but summer is over. (sob!) Assuming money is no object and dogs would let themselves out. In that case, I’d board the Amtrak Acela and go to New York for a few hours. Maybe enter the lottery for Hamilton tickets. At the very least, I’d take a picture of the theater. And then have a big sandwich. I’d drive, but my Jeep lovingly caresses the top of my head and it freaks me out.
2. In the same situation, what stay-home fun activities would you pursue?
I’d order a mediocre Italian entree from the local pizza/steaks joint and watch You’ve Got Mail and Love Actually.
In real life, I’m home on Monday because I had one more personal day to burn before the end of the fiscal year. I will likely not go to New York or buy Italian food and binge movies. I may watch the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.
3. If you played hooky specifically because someone else needed the time off, who in your life would be your accomplice and what would be first on the agenda?
WM would likely take me to spend the day at the movies.
4. When did you last visit a museum, and what item on exhibit impressed you?
We went to the Museum of the American Revolution last November. It features Washington’s actual War Tent (which you’d THINK would be droopy but no, droopiness is reserved for my #(&#(* Jeep ceiling)
5. What’s something you’ve recently gotten away with?
I’m the Cameron of life. I don’t do any serious rule-breaking because I’d only get caught.
Have a great weekend! Here’s hoping your car’s ceiling doesn’t fall down on you!
I just want to say that you are so nice and charming lady, I read your blog and I laugh like a crazy person.
I’m from Southamerica and I leave you good vibes and best wishes for you and your whole family, including Ollie and Murphy of course. Great blog!
Goodbye and good luck!
Thank you so much! That’s very kind!