Happy Friday! It’s been a heck of a week, but I’m off of work until July 10 so hooray for a little bit of sloth and self-care and a little bit of fun.
Here is the Friday Five ON A FRIDAY! BOOM, BABY! Happy 11th anniversary to the Friday 5, which launched 11 years ago today! Thanks for all of the blog prompts! Let’s go for another 11.
This week’s theme is Shape of Things to Come.
1. What shape is your mood today?
I’m in a happy mood today. I always think of a circle as a happy shape. But since I’m a bit tired at the moment, let’s say it’s an oval.
2. What snack comes in a fun shape?
Oh man, do you remember Bugles? Are they even still around? (YES, THEY ARE!) If you’re not familiar with them, they’re a type of corn chip, but in a horn/cornucopia shape. VERY tasty and now they’re on my graocery list!
3. Someone’s building your dream house, but it has to be in the shape of a letter of the alphabet. Which letter do you choose?
The letter A, but in my interpretation of this, the A isn’t upright, but on the ground. So The top of the A would be the front door, and there would be two wings, one for bedrooms, one for living rooms. The crossbar of the A would be a lovely sunroom, that overlooks the courtyard formed by the hole in the A, and the backyard, which would be between the legs of the A.
Next fall, Joanna and Chip Gaines will steal this idea for Fixer Upper. Mark my words.
4. What’s a great song with a shape in its title or lyrics?
Dave Matthews Band’s The Best of What’s a-round? No?
5. What’s something in your line of sight that can reasonably be called blob-shaped?
A pillow and a pile of sheets.