Oh hai! Did I mention lately that I’m retying the knot this year? Or tying the knot again? WM has wanted this for a LONG time and I’ve played the part of the gunshy partner.
After I said yes, I decided to take Ben Frankin’s advice (if you live in or near Philadelphia, Ben Franklin is your bro) and make up a list of pros and cons for tying the knot. This is written out long hand in a notebook, but since I have ax-murderer handwriting, I’m retyping so you can read it.
- Life w/ WM
- Legitimize Charlie, Max & Ollie.
- A real anniversary
- I won’t be an unwed hobo
- He’ll stop asking me all the time to get married
- State-paid healthcare when I eventually get laid off
- I won’t be a chubby single woman
- I’m not getting any younger
- I can put the gory, creepy Netflix account in his name (He loves horror movies. The Netflix account is in my name. Therefore Netflix thinks I love the SAW series and that’s hard for me to swallow.)
- Our WoW guild and all of our neighbors already think we’re married.
- G-D name change rigmarole AGAIN! Seriously. I still get mail with the Burbermille name.
- Planning a wedding, no matter how teeny, blows.
- If this fails, I am one step closer to becoming Dale Evans. (Did you know America’s cowboy sweetheart was married four times?)
- WM is a DB.
- I’ll be a chubby bride.
- This Doctor Who thing of his. And the zombie shows. And all the sci-fi he likes.
The list confirmed that my “yes” answer was a good one.
The image above is my doodle on the page, a (bad) recreation of the evil bride in Disney’s Haunted Mansion attraction at WDW. Yes, that’s an ax. I bet her handwriting is even worse than mine!