Oh happy happy day! It’s Memorial Day weekend. This means two amazing things:
1) Eleven Memorial Day weekends ago, WM took a 12 hour ride from Michigan with a jeep full of stuff to move int with me at the Dee-luxe Apartment in the Sky. Eleven! We both took a heck of a risk and it has paid off in spades.
2) Summer! My favorite season yawns ahead of me with the promise of warm sunshine and grilled corn. Today Mom and I took a trip to Margate and plopped on the beach for a few hours. We bought our season beach passes. It was GLORIOUS.
Two of my social media beefs about this weekend:
1) People who post crying military widow/devoted service dog memes chiding others for forgetting the meaning of Memorial Day. It is wholly possible for a human being to remember the dead troops WHILE enjoying a BBQ or sitting at the beach. We are complex individuals.
2) People who toss shout-outs to their living military peeps. That’s what Veteran’s Day (and let’s face it, the other 364 days of the year anymore) is for. Memorial day is for people who died during active service.
Tomorrow is Collingswood Mayfair. Sunday we plan to go to the NJ Ren Faire, weather permitting. Summer! It’s just the best!
1. When did you last break something made of glass?
I honestly can’t remember. I very rarely use actual glasses for drinking anymore. I love plastic cups instead.
2. When did you last break something ceramic?
I purposefully broke a cracked terracotta flower pot so I could put the shards into other pots for drainage. Super exciting, right?
3. When did you last break something electronic?
I am awful with charger cables.
4. When did you last break a non-traffic-related law?
I … hm. What is the statute of limitations on downloading music from Napster?
5. When did you last break a promise?
I break promises to myself all the time!
It took me two hours to write this because I’ve been watching a recording of Masterpiece’s Little Women. It’s my favorite book of all times and the 1994 movie (Winona Ryder) is my favorite movie. I have … opinions about this version. If I only had a place to share them on … 😉