I love Facebook. I do I do I do. Now that I’ve blocked
- All political “news” sites (I’m never going to take a story from “I Love the Left!” or “RightNewsRightNow” seriously and neither should you)
- All of the natural/homeopathic sites (mm, yes, tell me again how the thing I drink every day is “toxic?”)
- All of the viral news sites and George Takei (YOU WON’T BELIEVE how this CORGI folded this SHIRT and look SCIENCE!) and
- Almost every animal rescue around (Love dogs, can’t handle the “this dog in Kansas will be executed tomorrow morning unless you act now!” notes)
it’s a great place to waste time. Cute kids, cute pets, pictures of tasty meals. It’s like how blogging used to be.
Rarely, very rarely, I report comments to Facebook. I only do it when it’s egregious – like a porn site leaving a spam comment on a post about The Mindy Project*. The profile picture was of a topless woman cropped JUUUUUUUUST above the nipple. This is how my last encounter went. Underlining is mine.
I laughed it off. I expect precious little from Facebook, and I’m never disappointed. I guess an almost nude profile pic advertising the sale of movies featuring LOTS of nudity on a post that wasn’t about nudity at all isn’t realllllly nudity. But then…last week…justice prevailed!
So it was only deleted because the account was closed, probably because it was porny.
Like I said, I like Facebook. I just wish there was a liiiiiitle more common sense involved. Oh, and also had a way to report people who post pictures of their bloody injuries. Don’t do that. Nobody wants to see your bloody toe. Nobody.
* (doo doo doo DOO doodoodoo)