Things I am pleased about:
- I have a nephew (Baby Dowd) set to arrive in May! He even has a name, which I’m not going to spill.
- I’m planning a baby shower for the lovely Kristen. I’ve not done that before, but we have a place, a date, and a time. The rest is cake, right?
- I have a Disney trip coming up this spring.
- My 2014 Fall Business Trip looks to be in Atlanta. So I’ll see another new-to-me city! But after Chicago, San Francisco and New Orleans, it has big shoes to fill.
- I celebrated my 2-year anniversary at TNP (The New Place, which isn’t really new, but compared to my 12 years at the C-P is still new) on January 23rd. My job is more amazing than ever, and if I ever complain about it you have the right to slap me.
- In World of Warcraft I defeated Garrosh Hellscream (on LFR, natch) on both my Horde paladin Akromah and my Alliance priest Malerenne. Mal was a level 85 undead priest, but I transferred her to another server to play Alliance, and now she’s a Worgen.
Things I am bummed about:
- It. Is. Snowing. Again. I’m not cut out for this. I still blame the people who were chanting for Pumpkin Spice Lattes in August.
- WM had two wisdom teeth taken out last week and he’s still sore. I know this is normal, but I wish I could help.
- Mom’s birthday is Thursday, and I have no idea what to get her.
- Non-bloggable family medical problems.
- The woman at the restaurant where we booked the shower asked if the baby shower was for me. So that was a double-sting that I’m still stewing about. Round AND childless. Yuuup.
- I dropped my iPhone 4s into the toilet two years to the day after I dunked my 3G. Thankfully I had the money to get a 5s, but it looks like I will never be out of a 2-year contract with AT&T.
- I don’t really have a reason to play World of Warcraft anymore until the Warlords of Draenor expansion comes out at the end of this year or early next year.
- My library card expired and I had no idea. So I couldn’t grab any of the ebook holds that came available. If the ice ever melts I’ll walk to the branch closest to me at work and renew it. But that’s if the ice ever melts.
I can’t leave this entry on a bummed note, so here’s the TV moment this year that made me smile: Leslie and Ben (Parks and Recreation) in Paris:
Amy Poehler is 42 and looks adorable. Here’s hoping I can look that adorable when I’m 42. I have 7 months to make that happen. 🙂