I can’t believe it’s over. I wait all year for Christmas, I get one measly day off and it’s done.
Christmas Eve we went to my cousin Sue’s house. She had “Seven Fishes” Christmas Eve dinner, which is a tradition in my family. We took Thor’s parents as well, and I think they had a good time. For my pollyanna, I received a pink purse (matches my coat!) and an origami-a-day 2005 calendar.
Christmas morning we slept in until 9am. (Thor’s parents awoke earlier). I received…
- From Thor: An all-in-one printer/scanner/copier. This means I can print photos directly from the memory card, PLUS now I can bother you all by scanning in old photos and posting them on my website! But Kim…didn’t you break your digital camera? Yes…yes I did. So I’ll be printing OLD photos for a while. 🙂 Oh, because I’m a pillow-addict, I also received a full-length body pillow. I’ll sleep with it when Thor’s at work. Which makes me think I should name the pillow, since it’s not nice to sleep with something/one whose name you don’t know.
- From Thor’s family: Parkview Hospital for the tiny churchless-but-full-of-Chinese-food town of Turberville; 2 DMB CDs (Remember two things and Listener Supported); Sock, a book by Penn of Penn & Teller fame.
- From Mom: A nice suit for work, a necklace, some new plates, some soap/lotion from Bath & Body works, an ornament, and I know I’m forgetting the rest….
- From John: A Mickey Mouse stuffed animal, an electric back massager for a chair, and some chocolate covered booze. I kid you not.
- From Dad: A gift certificate to the Carriage House restaurant, an ornament, and a $50 Visa gift card.
- From my fabulous coworkers: A Kim Possible snowglobe! Must…reorganize…desk… 🙂
g jersey, a workbench, and a book. Because our house is a money pit, we limited our spending this year. Which worked out well.
Christmas dinner was at Mom’s. We had turkey and ziti and meatballs and all the trimmings! AFter dinner, I played Texas Hold-em with some male family members. I kicked butt…my first time out. I think my cavalier attitude had a lot to do with the fact that it’s not real money! It was a lot of fun.
Yesterday we putzed around with the inlaws. I received a call from work because Reggie White died and the site needed updating. Then, for dinner, I headed over to Dad’s and met up with my Aunt Carol, cousin Rachel, cousin Matt, his wife Pam, and their baby Ryan.
Today, after dropping the inlaws off at the airport, Thor and I went to see Ocean’s Twelve. Although it wasn’t as good as the first one, it was still pretty snappy, and I got to see my girl-crush Catherine Zeta-Jones. She’s soooo purdy. Neat soundtrack too. The movie, not CZJ.
Is it really over??
But if we don’t mention it…they’ll feeeeeeeeeeel bad…
On Christmas Day, (link only good for a week) the Living section of my paper uploaded one short story about Christmas, and also an equal-length story on Hanukkah (which ended 11 days prior) and an equal-length story on Kwanzaa, which started the day after. I’ll have to go back and see if they ran a equal-length Christmas story on the first day of Hanukkah. I doubt it, but I may be wrong.